When it comes to wedding bands, it's important to understand that you are free to wear anything you want. The wedding is yours and no one else's. You are also the one that will be wearing the ring for a long time to come, so it's in your best interest to buy something you really like. The important thing when it comes to wedding bands is that they are built to last a long time and that it means something to you.
All Tungsten wedding rings are made from Tungsten Carbide. Tungsten on its own is a very dense and hard metal with the highest melting point of all metals (6100 degrees Fahrenheit), but it is vulnerable to scratches. When mixed with a carbon alloy on the other hand, the metal now becomes Tungsten Carbide, which is twice as hard as steel, four times harder than titanium and virtually unscratchable. This makes your Tungsten Carbide wedding band a piece of jewelry with a finish that virtually lasts forever. This high level of scratch resistance makes it to look the exact same way, years down the line, that it looked on your wedding day.
The Pros of a Tungsten Wedding Band
- Extremely Scratch Resistant. Tungsten Carbide is the most scratch resistance metal in the world. This gives it the ability to maintain its finish forever.
- Does Not Bend. Tungsten Carbide does not bend like other precious metals. It is a very brittle metal, meaning it will crack at some point when enough pressure has been applied on it. This makes Tungsten wedding rings a safe option in emergencies because just like ceramic rings, they can be removed using the vice grip method.
- Heavy Weight. Tungsten is a very heavy metal, so you will really be feeling your tungsten wedding band whenever you are wearing it, because it has some weight.
- Affordable. Compared to other precious metals, tungsten wedding rings are affordable.
- Hypoallergenic. Tungsten Carbide does not cause any allergies and so is a safe option for most people with an allergy to metals like gold.
The Cons of Tungsten Wedding Rings
- Cannot be Resized. Unlike other precious metals that can be resized if you get fatter or thinner, tungsten rings can only be exchanged for another one since they are not malleable and will crack at the simplest attempt to modify them.
- Brittle. With all its strength, Tungsten carbide is still a brittle metal and may break into pieces when dropped on the floor, just like a piece of ceramic. So a little care is needed with tungsten wedding rings, but since they are scratch resistant, then there is no need to remove them from the finger at all.
What we Offer
We have been an industry leader in laser marking and engraving for over 15 years. We produce our rings, including our tungsten wedding rings and also engrave the rings ourselves. Our experienced engraver can create wonderful art pieces on your tungsten wedding band. And we understand how valuable a ring can be for you, so we try to always provide the best possible service that we can, with the motto that no project is too small, or too big, for us.
Give us a Try!
If you have any specific idea in mind, then do not hesitate to contact us. You can either contact us online using the contact us page or you give us a call with any questions that you may have. We will help you in making the right choice of a tungsten wedding band, that you can cherish, for years to come.